PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2018, 22:23
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airpolice
I think there is more likelihood of a student dropping a hand-held radio, GPS, Pen, nav planning tool or a CRP5 than there is of a properly fitted Go Pro mount coming off.
Is everything in the cockpit bolted down securely? No headphone bags or old dirty rags or anything else loose? I understand the security concern of a loose item getting lodged in someplace it shouldn't be, but I wonder how a typical cockpit would be in terms of loose items.

Where did you get your lanyard? I think I have a few that PTT were giving away during their career nights.

I've looked at suction mounts for mounting the GoPro that would be facing me and have decided on a RAM mount. Anyone have experience with these? As to the concerns of a camera falling off during flight, I see there are options of securing the camera via a tether so that at the very least, it doesn't rattle around inside the cockpit and with a tether of a sufficent length, it shouldn't get in the way of any controls should the camera fall off. However, short of bolting a ring onto the frame of the aircraft, it seems like these tethers are connected to a point that is attached via a 2-way adhesive just as the camera mounts are for the GoPro.