PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2018, 22:00
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
OK, it's a fair cop - I confess I got bored and gave up around Page 150.

Having now looked at Plan 9 on P157, the hangar is nowhere near Twy J and so wouldn't be affected by any taxiway relocation (to answer the previous poster's query).

You've got better eyesight than I have if you can discern from those blurry graphics whether the taxiway is in its original position or it's 27 metres further north.

It strikes me that the document might best be regarded as a marketing brochure aimed at whoever might decide to buy GIP's 42% shareholding in LGW.

Though presumably anyone who was interested would exercise the usual due diligence and quickly realise what a nonsense the standby runway proposal is.
If you hadn't taken the time to read the Master Plan fully how can you be in a position to discuss it, I thought children only ever got bored when reading!

Regarding my ''better eyesight'' even though I wear contact lenses and glasses if your using your phone or iPad it's not an issue as you can enlarge the graphics enough to clearly see what's proposed.

It always pays to read any document fully otherwise how can someone be in a position to respond to it if there not fully up to scratch with the topic being discussed.