PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 20th Oct 2018, 19:46
Legalapproach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Misrepresentation Act 1967 relates to misrepresentation that could give rise to civil not criminal proceedings. The criminal law would involve s2 of the Fraud Act 2006. In order to found criminal liability the following matters would have to be satisfied:
  • A representation must be made
  • The representation must be known to be false
  • The representation must be dishonestly made
  • The person making the representation must intend to gain something, or intend that the person receiving it loses something
What surprises me is that Ms Curtis-Taylor is so keen to get the award re-instated. If I was in her position (and I'm not although I did once fly a Pitts S-1 solo from UK to Italy and back ( would have been a bit of a job to do other than solo) armed only with a map and a compass (pre-GPS days)) I would have been inclined to say "If that's your attitude you can stuff your award" and walk away - to paraphrase Groucho Marks "I wouldn't want to have an award from an organisation that would be prepared to give me one"

Last edited by Legalapproach; 20th Oct 2018 at 20:00. Reason: spelling after a couple of gins and my share of the bottle of red