PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 20th Oct 2018, 18:36
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the moment I'm having problems logging onto the LAA forum, but a chat with a lawyer (I have some dodgy friends) brought up the Misrepresentation Act of 1967. In gaining the Bill Woodham Trophy and the HCAP award, and the honorary doctorate and the honorary commission in the RN, getting all the sponsorship cash to go off on her jollies she has claimed they were to be "solo" Everything was going towards her reality TV career and her book and the earnings she would have from them. My legal friend thinks that a criminal prosecution for misrepresentation would be reasonable if there was a complainant. Before the trips she claimed "solo". Artemis, Boeing et al stumped up the cash, after the trips she still claimed "solo" and garnered a stack of honours and awards. All of which increased her marketability, and therefore upped her potential earnings on the speaking/motivation reality T.V. circuit

Her claims that everyone else got it wrong are setting a defence of innocent misrepresentation, but actually that defence falls down for her claims after after 2016. Someone on one of these threads recently asked "what crime has been committed?" well possibly a large sized fraud. And if that isn't bringing the LAA into disrepute I struggle to see what else is.

On her recent radio interview she claimed a "30 year career in aviation." How did she achieve that on a PPL? I've been flying for a living for 30 years, privately for 8 before that, I've had to hold 2 ATPL's for my career as you can't earn as a PPL, but then Tracy and reality are poles apart. Your 30 year career in self-promotion and reality TV you mean?

With her vile, boorish attitude to GA, the LAA and the LAA membership T C-T has alienated a lot of people, a couple of whom (I'm not one) are prepared to pursue a private prosecution for misrepresentation if their approach to the police for criminal action is not successful.

SND