PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2018, 15:04
nef

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAladdy
Does anyone know when Loganair might announce what European cities it plans to serve with the ER4’s joining the fleet for S19?. I have heard that BRU will almost definitely be one of the routes announced and have heard rumours of flights to CPH.
I think cph and bru could be a mistake given the sheer volume of frequency, capacity and ultra low fares available on these routes from EDI - you can get edi-cph on Fr for £26 rtn and edi-bru on SN for as little as £64 rtn on many dates over the coming winter! A LOG e145 operation will surely require fares of £150-200+ and I'm skeptical whether they'll be able to get enough pax willing to pay such fares at GLA in the face of what's available at EDI only 40 miles down the M8. I think many pax traveling to these destinations could just ignore a LOG service due to fare difference and fly from EDI instead.

Imo they'd be better going for routes that are not currently served (or only lightly served) from the central belt such as BGO, SVG, OSL, HAJ, LUX, ZRH, BIO. These are much thinner in terms of pax numbers, but due to the lack of competition or direct alternatives I suspect they'd be better able to command the kind of higher fares such an operation would likely require.

I really hope LOG have done their homework very dilligently on this, as a poor choice of routes could be a real mess.