PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in US for a foreigner FO
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2018, 12:41
flyboyike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyingturco
Hi everyone,
i got some questions to ask and I hope you guys will answer them.Im a greencard holder from Turkey which means I've rights to work and live in US .I just graduated from my university(professional pilot training program-4 years) , flight school and applied for jobs in Istanbul , fortunately accepted by Turkish Airlines . I also applied for a masters program in Melbourne Florida over Human Factors in aviation and also accepted from there.I'm looking forward to live ,work in US and become an US citizen, but as everyone knows in US you have to spend too much energy and time before you work as a FO in a Major US company like ( delta , AA, United , etc. ) moreover regional companies pay nearly nothing compared to Europe,middle east and asia.So my questions are:
1)if i complete 1500 hours in here , can I apply for those companies in US without an FAA ( I have EASA and JAA)?
2)Which type will have better job opportunities in all over the world ?(I mean Boeing 737 or airbus 320,Boeing family or airbus family)
3) if US companies don't accept me without a FAA license , how long does it take to convert my licenses to FAA?
4) As I read in here (actually found) some companies such like FIJI doesn't require FAA for LA based based foreigner pilot who has permission to work in US , are there any other companies apply that conditions?
5) if you guys were in my shoes, what would you do ? Keep staying in Turkish Airlines until reaching 1500 hrs or choose masters program in US and at the same time convert for FAA and be an instructor then apply for regional ... etc. etc. .?
6 ) which aircraft is better to start ? A320 or b737( typical question ) which one is more pilot friendly , more enjoyable and easier to work in( please don't write such things like nothing is easy in this business you have to work hard and enjoy to fly etc. , because we are gonna fly 80-90 hours per month and sometimes fly even 4 legs in a day so i prefer the most convenient one , but I choose career goals over convenience so if you include your ideas about them with their future opportunities and working environments I will be appreciated)
kind regards
My answer to #5 would be to get the time with THY while doing your Masters online. Once you convert your stuff to FAA, you should be able to bypass the regionals and instructing altogether with that kind of experience.

As for #6, I'd go with the 'Bus. I've been in it for close to 5 years now, you don't get tired in that airplane. You just don't.