PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2018, 09:01
Fratemate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, as Atlanticjet says you need to choose your audience. As far as most of the Japanese are concerned first officers are unable to fly because they are not captains and only captains really have all the skills, experience and know-how to fly an aircraft. We know that is complete tosh but I think this is bred into them through dealing with their cadet training system that really doesn't train pilots but radio operators. All that piloty stuff is learnt on the line and, since they're learning, all FOs must be treated as students and can't be trusted

The important thing is you won't be flying with that many Japanese pilots (eventually) and the bloke in the other seat is likely to be much more 'normal' in the ways that you're used to. As far as I'm concerned if the weather is appropriate and by you hand flying you're not going to totally overwork me i.e. enough to reduce my already lacklustre abilities, then fill your boots. Turn everything off (but keep the engines going please) and have fun hand flying. If we can squeeze a visual circuit out of someone then go ahead and enjoy flying your big Cessna. There may be one or two 'Westerners' who don't share my thoughts on the matter but, for the most part, when you're not flying with a Japanese pilot then you can click it out and have fun. But see the first sentence again :-)