PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger / Scoot Interview
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2018, 08:33
Krajchek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Luggage
Hi all

I got the email to do the online assessment which I did. Only completed it yesterday. Im 4500 total with about 1500 jet currently flying E175 in the USA. Im rated on the bus as well with a couple hundred hours.

I certainly will not PAY to PLAY (P2F) and I sincerely hope no more pilots do this as long term you are ruining all of our futures and pay packets. Just look at CX and KA, they are not a happy bunch!!

The market really is in the pilots favour if you all just use common sense, especially you newbiews with SJS issues and lack of patience.

Would be good to know what the terms of the deal are for 320/787 FO at Scoot and Tiger are.
Hey Luggage,

I know what is going on in the USA as I am an FAA pilot as well. Industry is quite OK there. I agree with everyone here about the P2F. I left the USA without any multi crew or heavy time, but been working hard to avoid the P2F and I am happy with my job now. However sadly without the required hours in Asia and most of EU the pilot have the only option I had, is to work extra hard to avoid paying, because nobody wants to talk to a pilot without 500 hrs "jet" time. I do agree, if everyone teamed up and stay strong about not paying, it would change the industry. However I also understand my student who just paid 75k (loan from bank) to Vietjet because in his situation there was really no other way. HE has Family in Vietnam, older candidate (40+) and just starting his career. This is the sad reality in SE Asia.