PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 19th Oct 2018, 20:46
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only winners will be lawyers, and the losers will be LAA members like me.

As has been stated above, it seems a safe guess that most voters have by now made up their minds, and those of a wavering disposition, expecting to make a decision based on her performance on the day, will probably see through what are considered by many, to be lies and embarrassing truths, on the day.

In terms of relevance to the general membership, we now have the LAA (by paying rent?) making plans to use a larger venue for the AGM and using, to my limited knowledge unprecedented, measures to verify the votes.

All of this is costing money, which either might not have been raised from people compelled to use the LAA to allow the flight of Permit aircraft, or better still, be put to a better use, such as supporting home builders and educating the next generation of enthusiastic Pilots & Engineers.

There is a real difficulty in supporting the notion that one group in this "debate" is wrong, but clearly, the membership need to speak up, and tell the people steering the LAA, what they want. On a personal note, I am sad that the people concerned don't seem to have their moral compass sufficiently aligned, with the truth and embarrassment, to make their own decisions in this matter.

In very simplistic terms, I think that what the common voter will want their subs spent on, will be more expenses covered for the many examiners, and fewer dinners with prizes for the connected few.

However, I might be wrong. I've been wrong before. I recall the day well, it was a Thursday afternoon, in the summer of 1977, under the ground in Northumberland, and I caused two Lightnings to intercept an airliner.