PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2018, 14:42
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by canberra97
It clearly shows where the Boeing hangar is being built in the diagrams at the very end of the Master Plan plus it has an image of the hangar.

Just in case you didn't bother to read it all or at least to the very end the Boeing hangar is ''currently'' being built and is situated opposite the Virgin hangar.
OK, it's a fair cop - I confess I got bored and gave up around Page 150.

Having now looked at Plan 9 on P157, the hangar is nowhere near Twy J and so wouldn't be affected by any taxiway relocation (to answer the previous poster's query).

Looking closely at the Master Plan and the diagrams it doesn't appear to show any new parallel taxiway being planned so I think we can all safely assume that the remote stands and fire station will remain in situ regardless of any use of the second (emergency) runway for dual operations although to be honest I can't see it happening.
You've got better eyesight than I have if you can discern from those blurry graphics whether the taxiway is in its original position or it's 27 metres further north.

Rather than this half hearted attempt of using the emergency runway for dual operations what LGW should do is to reapply for planning permission for the second runway and associated new Terminal to be built regardless of the fact that the Government has decided that LHR is favoured for a third runway.
It strikes me that the document might best be regarded as a marketing brochure aimed at whoever might decide to buy GIP's 42% shareholding in LGW.

Though presumably anyone who was interested would exercise the usual due diligence and quickly realise what a nonsense the standby runway proposal is.