PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2018, 14:03
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Yes, it's very hard to see stands 140-145 surviving a relocation of Twy J. The fire station might just about be OK, and I'll confess I'm not entirely surely exactly where the new Boeing hangar is being built.

But it's all a bit academic, as it's never going to happen.
It clearly shows where the Boeing hangar is being built in the diagrams at the very end of the Master Plan plus it has an image of the hangar.

Just in case you didn't bother to read it all or at least to the very end the Boeing hangar is ''currently'' being built and is situated opposite the Virgin hangar.

Looking closely at the Master Plan and the diagrams it doesn't appear to show any new parallel taxiway being planned so I think we can all safely assume that the remote stands and fire station will remain in situ regardless of any use of the second (emergency) runway.for dual operations although to be honest o can't see it happening.

Rather than this half hearted attempt of using the emergency runway for dual operations what LGW should do is to reapply for planning permission for the second runway and associated new Terminal to be built regardless of the fact that the Government has decided that LHR is favoured for a third runway.

Last edited by canberra97; 19th Oct 2018 at 14:15.