PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-cockpit videos
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2018, 22:16
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the warnings, guys! Rest assured I've read them and heeded them. I'm quite a private person so these videos will most likely be for private viewings only -- for my own learning and for showing to friends and family, not to the entire world. However, I know aviation is a passion so I'm not entirely ruling out sharing some interesting flights in the future, but this will be a small possiblity well into my flying career.

Pilot DAR, I'm sure 95% of my videos will be uninteresting, but I'm doing it for that 5% instance where I do something wrong or something right and that instance is a very valuable learning tool. Doing something for real is very stressful, being able to detach myself and review what I've done while in the comfort of my study, with the ability to rewind, pause, and slow-mo the event would be a big boost to my learning, wouldn't you say so? Being able to re-live an experience, learn from it, file it away, and learn from it again later on is worth the money invested in a few GoPros IMO.

Clare Prop, I've spoken with three instructors in the flight school and they are unanimous in saying that I can record flights with however many cameras I want under the condition that it's for personal use which is perfectly fine with me. I don't have to worry about losing one in flight as all I'm interested in is in-cockpit recording, so if one comes loose, I'll just retrieve it after the flight is done.

Dark Helmet and artschool, I see your point but the idea here is to have the setup that is set-it-and-forget-it and to treat the equipment as part of the aircraft, not to be noticed at all until after the flight when I need to take them off. As mentioned, the flight recording is for learning, not for vanity or showing off.

So with that out of the way, anyone here care to share their experience with recording audio in a cockpit? Where did you guys buy your gear from in the UK?

Thanks in advance for any help!