PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips for training
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2018, 20:34
planesandthings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Scholarships

Make sure you apply for all the flying scholarships you can get. That can save you a good £10,000 and put a fantastic reference on your CV. Honourable Company of Air Pilots, Air League, Royal Aero Club trust and many more provide these scholarships for your age bracket, the air league launch theirs next week, they are competitive but provided you've got the drive to do this, it'll show and you'll get a scholarship. Don't play off Gliding Scholarships either, though it may not seem at all related to a commercial career, with some time in gliders you may end up being able to get some free hour building like myself and friends have by qualifying to tow gliders at weekends/weekdays. A mate of mine did 300 hours for nothing whilst being paid for food and living, but you must have gliding experience for this opportunity! This also included free tailwheel training and complex types! You've got to be in it to win it. And ultimately once you get to the flight deck you'll have a bigger sense of achievement than those who got the same piece of paper than you with someone else's money.

Come to Pilot Careers Live trade show if you're not already, it's at Heathrow in two weeks time, I'll be on the Wings Alliance Stand.

Planesandthings