PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nz Atpl Law
Thread: Nz Atpl Law
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2003, 11:30
Thump & Go

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day DAN, whilst my experience of Law is not necessarily recent, I don't know that it has changed much in the last couple of years. The syllabus is available in AC61, although it's debatable whether this is helpful or not - it's just a bloody long list!
The exam is basically IR law (know it!) with some extras thrown in. I got a hold of parts 121/125 and went through all the bits of the planning manual (sorry NZAIP Part 1! ) that you might normally skip - Oceanic procedures(in particular),Radar services,ATC separation etc. Then finally brush up on instrument approach chart reading - you'll get about 5 questions from a foreign plate (Raro or similar).
NZ CARs are downloadable from the net.
As jetsetter mentioned, there is a 5 year validity period on ATPL Law, ie you must be exercising the privileges of your (ATPL ) licence within 5 years of passing the exam. If you're not sure you'll have a command on an (ATPL required ) A/C in 5 years from now(that is a distinct possibilty in NZ if you've just got a CPL) then give thought to leaving law till near the end.

Have to say,I considered it one of the easier ATPLs and less "englishy" than the other 3 laws.

Cheers, Thump