PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips for training
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2018, 13:37
chockablock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jamesgrainge
Get your HGV licence, I was working 6 on 3 off driving Class 1 and able to put away well over a thousand a month. Money is getting better and if you're young and single it's easy to save. I'm going from getting my Class 2 to completed my training within three years, all being well.

Hard work but easily manageable. Everything takes longer and costs more than you work out but stick at it.
I'm 31, currently 27 hours in to my PPL and working as an Uber driver to pay for the training but the money isn't the best and I've been giving some serious consideration to your advice. I've requested a provisional application pack.

I've also been applying to companies at airports to get some work experience and have been invited for an interview for a job cleaning aircraft during turnarounds.

I'm thinking work experience will help boost my CV when the time comes to apply to airlines and once my foot is in the door I can apply for better internal jobs. Or I could gain another driving license which allow me to earn more money and pay off training faster. The HGV license also provides a safety net should something unforeseeable occur.

Will a stint as a Dispatch Agent help me in the long run during training or applying for jobs? Or should I just aim to get as much cash in ASAP?

Any insight from those who have been there and done that is greatly appreciated.