PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whatever you do, don't change anything - CASA Multicom
Old 18th Oct 2018, 09:15
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 102 Likes on 59 Posts
and up high, you hear every clown within 100 miles going thru those long winded radio calls
endlessly yabbering "Conflicting traffic please advise" instead of using eyeballs.
Whenever I fly the Glider Tug here at the local Gliding Club I hear seemingly endless radio calls coming from Gliders on downwind/turning base/final at two other Gliding Clubs, one about 30 km away and the other just over 50 km distant.

As far as I'm aware, neither of these two other Clubs host any powered aircraft.

I learned to fly Gliders at one of those strips way back in 1970 and flew there regularly (like every flamin' weekend!) throughout the 70's. We made no radio calls in the circuit; only one Glider had a radio anyway! But we kept our eyes up and out of the cockpit.

There was only one incident during that time. I had a mid-air collision.......with a Wedge-Tailed Eagle!

'Nuff said.