PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New pilot
Thread: New pilot
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2018, 04:01
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 44 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Aiman0092
I'm not originally from Irlenad. I was born there my parents from middle east. I hold both nationalities. I lived in the middle east for 16 years and now I'm back to northern Ireland. Currently doing My Alevels but I want ti go furthur and race time to be able to fly
Right, that clears things up. (Well, mainly- I take it "Both nationalities" means an ME nation and Britain? Belfast being in Britain rather than Ireland proper?)

You have some advantages- your ME nationality may give you consideration in one of the cadet programs for the various ME airlines- what nationality is your "other" passport? If it is Bahraini, Omani, or from UAE you can probably apply to do the cadet scheme of the particular state, and, while no walk in the park, means that if you complete successfully you will be employed in that airline.

If it is with a state that DOESN'T have a cadet scheme, or you are unsuccessful in your application, you are in the same well-worn path as any other British guy wanting to fly- options being the RAF, or attending one of the colleges such as Oxford, then gaining employment in the industry, then applying to the ME airlines once you have the requisite experience- I would say that your "second" nationality will probably help somewhat (Unless you are Qatari!!), as it will remove any question of you fitting into Arab culture!!

What you WON'T be able to do is go through a course in Europe, then walk into a job with EK or EY, without gaining industry experience in the interim- it just doesn't work that way.

I've flown in the UK and the ME (I'm ex-Emirates) so please feel free to PM me if you won't any firther advice.

Best of luck with the "A" levels (have a Daughter doing the Australian equivalent as we speak.)