PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whatever you do, don't change anything - CASA Multicom
Old 18th Oct 2018, 03:52
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
Whatever you do, don't change anything - CASA Multicom

I love it. CASA has just sent out what is probably their final consultation paper regarding "Frequency use in Class G airspace". Here is a link.

Note once again there are no names - no one has the confidence to put their name on any document while earning up to $300,000 per year.

Of course, I could have written the wording in their email notification “We believe the safest and simplest system is the one currently in place.” This is entirely consistent with the whole of CASA. That is, never change anything, never show a skerrick of leadership. Never copy the best from overseas and incorporate with the best we already do here. Just make sure the status quo remains so no one could ever possibly be held accountable for making a decision.

What about the extraordinary cost in CASA doing this, which is paid by the industry? Or the cost of industry people and RAPAC members going to meetings? It is not quite the $1.4 billion waste from the Super Seasprite fiasco but it is the same incompetence.

Imagine working for the place. It must be really demoralising. You have to live dishonestly during the day and then presumably go home and tell your kids and grandkids to be honest.

I presume when they did the study, Mr Carmody said to them, “Whatever you do, don’t look at what happens overseas. In fact I prohibit it completely. You must not look at countries such as the USA, Canada or Europe as our minds are fixed in concrete and there is no way we will ever copy the best in the world. After all, we made the Nomad, and they only made the Airbus A380, the Boeing 747 and the space shuttle.”