PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Survey: 2018, Instructor's terms and conditions on a changing market?
Old 17th Oct 2018, 21:34
Nurse2Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pondlife
So, Nurse2Pilot, my experience is consistent with your suspicions - and that's with all of my own training costs written off a long time ago.

Having said all that I have had the most wonderful Summer and don't regret it for a moment and can now go back to part time instruction and have the most incredibly rewarding job without having to worry about it paying so little.
I suggest that if you think you might enjoy instructing then you do the same.
Thank you for confirming that, pondlife! Do you mind PM'ing me the details regarding school and hourly rate? I guess I'll put flight instructing in the backburner for now, something that I might pick up later on if Plan A doesn't go through. Hopefully, when all this training is done, I'll still have my current job and if the market has slowed down, I can look at flight instructing on the side and not worry too much about how much it pays. Quite sad to come to this decision, I was looking forward to instructing, but sadly, other responsibilities comes first.