PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Uniform for disposal
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2018, 16:26
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whenurhappy
I'm seeking guidance on the disposal of surplus RAF uniforms. I have the following I would like to get rid of (I contacted my local Supply Section and they said they'd take them and put a knife through them):
  • No 1s - ranked for Wg Cdr, sword hooks and eppauletted size 44 long, 36 inch waist (2 sets). 1 set unranked 42 inch chest (kept in the vain attempt I'd lose weight).
  • No 2 - used blue shirts, unused trousers (with stable belt loops)
  • No 5s - ditto with eppaulettes, RE City and heavily quilted (ie stifling to wear). Two waistcoats & one white Marcella waistcoat.
  • No 6 Tropical Service Dress size 44 long, 36 inch waist (2 sets). Sword hooks, one set with separate 'stiff' eppaulettes.
  • No 6A White Tropical Ceremonial Dress. Size as above, Velcro for a half-brevet, two pairs of 34" trousers, 31". Sword under-belt.
  • No 8 White Mess Dress. Three jackets (I'm a messy eater/drinker); two pairs of lightweight mess trousers.
  • Loads of worn and unworn KD long and short sleeve shirts, 17 1/2" collars, uniform shorts and long KD trousers,
  • 2 x Great Coats
  • 1 x Postman Pat issue Hat; 1 x FS cap - hardly worn (because they look like sh!t)
  • Sword belt - I will keep my sword.
All are in good condition but have witness marks for a half-brevet, two rows of ribbons and becketts for medals. Sadly I have no need for this ephemera and no room to store it.

And for those unfamiliar/can't remember orders of dress: https://rmhistorical.com/files/conte...egulations.pdf
What chest size are the great coats? Like rocking horse doo do and actually a demand item imho.

I reckon worth a few Bob to an enthusiast on eBay. Also worth considering keeping the ones as an heirloom for any family, may be worth something g I .Years to come with two rows of medals and any service record.

Just a thought.