PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2018, 06:32
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So there you have it folks.No answers due to what appears to a perceived notion about forum text limitations, so if you really want to hear the straight dope on the flights directly from the horses mouth, you have to buy the book. Get your £19.95 out!

"

: ALL MEMBERS ! Please fill out those proxy forms..!!

by Tracey Curtis-Taylor » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:01 am

Here are the reasons why I’m not answering insistent questions about my flights.
1. There is too much to say for a chat forum. They’re a chapter in the book when I finish it.
2. Anyone who can’t wait could contact me, although it does seem that the obsessive few don’t seek answers, but rather fuel for their indignation.
3. They are irrelevant to the 2018 motions, which in different ways seek to redress the irrelevance of the 2016 motion. Even if I were the self-promoting charlatan that some think I am, there was absolutely no evidence that this brought the LAA ‘into disrepute’. I did not solicit the 2014 Woodhams Award (relating to one flight only) and – though honoured to receive it – I did not promote myself on the back of either the award or of my membership of the LAA. Whatever they thought (if anything) of me, neither the general public nor the aviation world thought any differently about the LAA. The only people shouting about it were Sam Rutherford and his associates. The premise of the 2016 motion was nonsense and The LAA Board was unwise to blunder into a campaign of what was – dress it up as you may – personal vilification."