PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Thinking Of Going CX
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2018, 01:55
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot

I expect that many airlines will be watching CX and see what they will actually get away with. The other airlines can bring in pilots on lower base pays than current but top them up with nice carrots, once seniority creeps in the carrots dry up (13th pay cheque example) then it is do I say I'am only 18 months from an upgrade? The people more senior than you won't support you they are on a different pay structure to you.

The ones who want to fail certainly will. But nobody else will--they'll more be looking at it on a lesson of what NOT to do (and will do everything they can to learn from CXs mistakes--and not go down the same path). How to take a profitable and prestigious company (with a proud and capable workforce of great qualifications) and run it into the ground. And completely alienate and divide the workforce. Dissatisfied, disgruntled, apathetic, and divided workforces who might feel the only reason they're there is they're trapped by seniority (and/or nowhere else to go) are REALLY REALLY unproductive and expensive. With "Paycheck jobs" ya get the minimum of just about everything.

Have a look at the posts of those individuals who've left. And how happy they are. THIS is the key. Happy people move heaven and earth to get the job done.

The guy from 'office space' could give these folks a few pointers.

There ARE companies who see what a competitor can 'get away with' by using the stick. And then along comes an incentive based competitor (who actually keeps their promises, has integrity, and promotes teamwork with personal value) and eats them for lunch. The Herb Kelleher approach. People WANT to be at work, and love what they do (granted there might have been SOME straying after he left, but all corporations have lifecycles--and even in the post Herb world folks who've left CX for SWA are lovin' it; at least the ones I know of). People aren't cringing on the way in, they're smiling on the drive over.

THAT'S the way to run an airline.