PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 16th Oct 2018, 20:54
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt Kremmen
I hope you'll forgive me if I write that you appear to have a limited understanding. The LAA are not perfect; as befits an organisation run by people and not robots. They are, on the whole, a rather competent and well organised administration that occasionally and rarely gets 'things' wrong. As for 'blazers,' that image disappeared a long time ago !

My opinion of the TC-T debacle is that the LAA were unduly influenced by what some saw as the prospect of some political correctness brownie points to be gained by promoting the 'achievements' of a well publicised aviatrix. They did not then enquire too closely. TC-T is undoubtedly the architect of her own misfortune. I think that her downfall is complete and it is difficult to see how she can recover but, time will tell.

I entirely fail to see what more can be gained by twisting the knife. Further sanction against TC-T is unkind and lacking in elementary generosity. On a technical note, the Articles of Association of a company tell you what it can or cannot do. Shareholders can hold either voting or non voting shares. Voting can be limited by time - it depends on what is in the A of A. or what is decided by the Directors
Much of this analysis makes sense, but surely it is Ms Curtis-Taylor herself who is committing Seppuku by plunging the knife into herself and twisting it? After all, it is she that seems intent on attending the meeting to ask for the return of the award having made no credible attempt to answer the questions and criticisms that led to its removal.

Although it could, perhaps, be argued that her actions and the way she has responded have brought the LAA into disrepute: I don’t think any further sanction is justified either but, unless she provides answers and a convincing argument, neither can I see a sensible reason why the association would be justified in restoring the award.