PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 16th Oct 2018, 20:32
Capt Kremmen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope you'll forgive me if I write that you appear to have a limited understanding. The LAA are not perfect; as befits an organisation run by people and not robots. They are, on the whole, a rather competent and well organised administration that occasionally and rarely gets 'things' wrong. As for 'blazers,' that image disappeared a long time ago !

My opinion of the TC-T debacle is that the LAA were unduly influenced by what some saw as the prospect of some political correctness brownie points to be gained by promoting the 'achievements' of a well publicised aviatrix. They did not then enquire too closely. TC-T is undoubtedly the architect of her own misfortune. I think that her downfall is complete and it is difficult to see how she can recover but, time will tell.

I entirely fail to see what more can be gained by twisting the knife. Further sanction against TC-T is unkind and lacking in elementary generosity. On a technical note, the Articles of Association of a company tell you what it can or cannot do. Shareholders can hold either voting or non voting shares. Voting can be limited by time - it depends on what is in the A of A. or what is decided by the Directors