PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 16th Oct 2018, 16:06
gasax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Captain - what an interesting view. Paid up shareholder and not allowed to vote - falls foul of company law for the first objection. Secondly who are these carpet baggers and mischief makers? I was certainly one of the proxy votes against T-CT in 2016. I was appalled at the idea of the award having been given to someone for whom the truth is an inconvenience compared to making money.

But in my circle of people, no one is signing up to join the LAA to stop T-CT, indeed were it not for the fact I own a permit aircraft, I would be resigning my membership (only been in for 30 years), as a protest against the poor management from the committee. I think the technical work the association does is first class, the stuff the blazer brigade does is pretty poor, from the patron on downwards - any amount of due diligence (a legal requirement for directors) would have meant T-CT would never have been given the award. Since then the committee have twisted themselves in knots rather than simply face up to the lies and tell her where to go.

I think you need to review some of the horrible facts before lurching off in any particular direction.