PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2018, 13:17
megapete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am no longer a pilot but have been following this thread for a while as I think it shows an interesting manipulation of the media, particularly wikipedia and urge anyone who has not done so to read the talk page of her wiki (just select the talk tab at the top of the page) to see how information has been ruthlessly suppressed.
Anyone who has done media training will know that when talking to the media you never actually answer the questions unless you want to - instead you should use the opportunity to say the things that you want to say. If really pressed then you need to have some “lines to take” which everyone in your team (if you have one) regurgitates ad nauseam.
As the saga has unfolded it is becoming clearer that the following are some of her “lines to take”.
Q) Wasn’t the trip supposed to be solo?
A) There was always going to be a support team and another aircraft to do the filming - I was never going to do this on my own. (Note this answer doesn’t answer the question at all !)
Q) You have been pictured by a slide at a presentation stating that you were alone in a cockpit when you weren’t.
A) The slide doesn’t refer to my flight but that of lady Heath.
Q) You have been filmed saying your flight was solo .
A) A slip of the tongue .
As some of these lines are better than others you should spend as much time as possible talking about the strong ones and as little time as possible on the weak ones.
When you start looking it is easy to see how “fake news” is spread - modern media is incredibly susceptible to manipulation and even if you can see it being done it is next to impossible to correct it - again see the wiki talk page.