PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 15th Oct 2018, 19:48
XV666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another response from Miss Curtis-Taylor, but seemingly there has been nothing to address the questions put to her on the LAA Forum?

by Tracey Curtis-Taylor » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 pm

It is important that the Chairman is standing down because it means that the outcome of the 2018 AGM motions has no bearing on his future standing; it was worth pointing out because this had evidently not registered with some members. I do not know why he is stepping down. The consequences of the 2016 motion have taken up his time and put him under pressure; but this situation would never have arisen had the LAA Board not allowed its AGM to be used as a vehicle for a campaign of personal retribution by Mr Rutherford and friends.

I now know what the Chairman had in mind when he referred to my threatening legal action. A letter in December 2017 from my solicitor put several questions from me to which he had previously not responded, preceded with the rider that I reserved my right to legal action: this is customary. Our present Secretary anticipated even before the 2016 motion was presented that I might reasonably seek a judicial review were it to pass, but it has never been my desire to start litigation against the LAA Board even if I had the financial resources to do such a thing.