PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2018, 15:09
Genghis the Engineer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts
This was posted on another aviation bulletin board - so everything including the email addresses are already in the public domain...

Sent: 14 October 2018 13:14
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Journeys in a Biplane, Following Female Pioneers of the Air

I must apologise for contacting you like this and with such short notice. We have arranged a talk by Tracey Curtis-Taylor about early woman aviators and recreating their journeys for next Wed, 17/10/2018 and thought it might be of interest to your members.
Tracey's talk is about the story of early woman aviators in history and the contribution that they made to aviation; the universal dream of flight, and what it's like to fly a vintage aeroplane across five continents in the modern age. Her recent epics have included:
• Recreating the flight of Mary Heath, one of the most outstanding pilots of the late 1920s and the first person to fly solo from the Cape of South Africa in a light aircraft. Tracey restored and made the flight in a 1942 Boeing Stearman
• In 2015 following the route of Amy Johnson’s solo flight to Australia which was another world first in 1930.
• In 2016 flying across America following the historic airmail route from west coast to east coast which took a second attempt a year later after she crashed in the Arizona Desert with an engine failure
The lecture takes place Wed 17/10/2018, 7pm for 7:30pm start. Venue in the Chemistry Lecture Theatre, University of Bristol, off Woodland Road, Clifton. Bristol. BS8 1TS (allow time for parking). Advance tickets available from Stanfords, Corn St, Bristol. BS1 1HT, cost £10:00 (concession rate; £9:00) or available on the door price £11:00.

This is just one of a series of lectures we run every year as Wilderness Lectures. Our full programme is available on wildernesslectures.com. If you would prefer I don’t contact you in future to pass on news of relevant lectures do let me know.

Yours
Steve Marriott
Wilderness lectures
[email protected]
Can't say it seems worth going to me, but others here might be interested.

G