PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2018, 14:31
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To lighten the mood I thought I would post this from the ladyicarus blog because it made me smile.

“There was a small problem with oil leaking from the front of the engine at Port Elizabeth, so Ewald Gritsch, the team's engineer, flew with Tracey to confirm that everything was all right.”
...........and this

“So what is Tracey Curtis-Taylor carrying in the Spirit of Artemis?
[img]http://2.bp.********.com/-pzSPCH1PSeM/UntwSCG9SpI/AAAAAAAADuE/AV_IkAlkKQM/s200/IMG_0141.JPGAt the ExecuJet HQ in Cape Town before take off, lots of negotiations were taking place, with boxes and equipment being swapped between the two planes. Tracey can carry just 15kg in hers; the chase plane, a Cessna Caravan, can obviously carry more, but is also limited.
Unlike Lady Heath all those years ago, Tracey will not be carrying a tennis racquet, shot gun, or morphine in case of a crash landing. She will certainly carry a change of clothes, some food, a book or two, and maybe even a party dress!
Then there are her three mascots - an elephant, leopard (or maybe it's a giraffe?) and lion. "And I hope to get two more along the way!" she says.”
...........and this

"She was the first person to fly it solo in a light aircraft and she was doing it totally unassisted. I have a little bit more support that she did - I have an aircraft accompanying me. The purpose of that is to film the project - a story of Mary Heath and my flight."