PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 15th Oct 2018, 13:20
B Fraser
Tabs please !

Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY
1. I have not threatened the LAA with any kind of litigation, nor has anyone done so on my behalf. The Chairman is incorrect to assert this in his statement. I have already stated my willingness for all correspondence from my solicitor and myself to be published to make that point.
Ms Curtis-Taylor appears not to have engaged a solicitor. The letter published earlier from the legal practice selected to represent TCT has a minor typo. A quick google using the correct surname reveals that she has engaged a barrister at Matrix Chambers which is in a totally different league to a solicitor. A good friend is in the same line of work and her going rate is close to £800 per hour. She is supported by clerks and others so the term "legal team" appears to be more correct than incorrect.

I have commented to my learned friend that the purpose of a barrister is to separate a fool from their money. She didn't answer but smiled.

Last edited by B Fraser; 15th Oct 2018 at 13:21. Reason: typo