PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Thinking Of Going CX
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2018, 07:30
CxEx2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I left earlier this year as an SO. I completely agree with lesson learnt and the other posts on here. Prior to my interview a couple of years ago I did the standard searches such as "working for CX" and "What it's like to live in Hong Kong" and the writing was on the wall there I just would not believe it.

To add to this when I was at the gate prior to attending my second interview I got chatting to someone who was an FO on the 777. His exact words were "this is not a happy company, it isn't good at all like it used to be and I would recommend you spend your time working for a regional carrier as an FO". So anyway I came anyway because there weren't any other options at the time, maybe he was just an unhappy employee, and I guess I didn't want to believe it.

So now I am back in my home country in Australia. The dark circles under my eyes from the fatigue of working there and living in Hong Kong are gone. The toxicity is obviously gone and I actually get to fly an airplane again. I get less days off (more leave) and less money yet I feel much more awake and healthy than I ever did in Hong Kong and this going back to a turbo-prop aircraft. I also don't get sweaty balls 5 minutes after leaving my apartment to go to work which is also a bonus you take for granted in your home country! Not hearing the word cannot on a daily basis is also a blessing in the skies.

With regards to living costs I was paying close to 20K per month and sharing with other people. That is 40% of the 1st year monthly SO salary on COS08. A simple google search rule of thumb is 30% so I just "cannot" imagine how it would be doable on POS08 in the long term especially if you have a family or anything like that. Good luck to everyone.

Cheers,