PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 15th Oct 2018, 06:37
clareprop

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by heli
The latest response on the LAA Forum, with a couple of interesting points made by Miss Curtis-Taylor:

This 'explanation' of 'the slide' is so full of holes, it's laughable. The dates, route and duration are completely different from Lady Mary Heath's but identical to C-T's. If that wasn't enough, on her website and Facebook page at the time and for many months afterwards, C-T herself claims she flew solo. It's all written down and still there on waybackmachine.com which can never be erased. On top of this, we have the video which she has acknowledged but still uses weasel words to try and get round. Instead of admitting she said she flew solo, she blames the weather at Herne Bay (!) for not thanking her support team.
I am also sick and tired of her constantly mentioning the word 'troll' in the same breath as Pprune. I have done a first solo, first solo cross country, first solo IMC, first solo multi etc. I paid for those experiences myself, I wasn't sponsored, Prince Michael wasn't interested and neither was the media but to me, they were a few of the true achievements of my life and I am quietly proud of them. To be feted and accept awards or admiration for something you haven't done is simply contemptible. To then try to deny and cast blame on others is behaviour of the lowest order. It deserves to be called out.