PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sydney Spotters Cool Your Jets!
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2018, 03:18
QldPilotGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sydney Spotters Cool Your Jets!

Call this a public service announcement for the good of Australia.

This is obviously not aimed at everyone, Aviation is a tight knit community and most of the time those who are in it try to look out for each other.

HOWEVER, there is always exceptions to the rule. It was pouring rain this morning in Sydney and so I took my 2 little nephews, one a baby the other only 2 to watch the planes at Sheps Mound. No one else was there so yes I did park across a parking line marking so that my nephew could sit on my lap and watch the aircraft.
Still with the car park not full and the rain stopped my sister got out to feed my baby nephew and prepare to leave.

We were approached by a spotter (camera in hand) demanding to know why we parked across the line and being rather intimidating to my sister.

Now I don't know who he was but SERIOUSLY, mate get a life, at what point is it EVER ok to face off with a mum and her 2 kids in the car because a car is parked over the line. You are there to take pics of aircraft and the park was set up to also allow among others CHILDREN the pleasure of seeing Aviation up close and personal.

I know spotters are serious about what they do and kudos to them, its great to have a hobby, but if I see this behaviour from ANYONE spotter or not aimed towards anyone then my next call will be to the Federal Police.

Public Service Announcement Over.