PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two up
Thread: Two up
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2003, 04:17
PPRuNe Towers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honestly never had a problem with the 112. Operated it year round from the soft green sward of Barton

Very basic engine (retired GPU i think) so no mixture, genny and therefore no starter. Totally reliable in my time with the group - a far as I know she's still pottering around up there. That said the aircraft rattled around Europe with elegance, a chart and a toothbrush.

Total structural simplicity but the undercarriage geometry is set up for grass. Operated the 117 off tarmac (Speke) initially and tyre wear wasn't fun due to the immense taxi distances. You might say forklift truck tyres did the job at a tenth of the price but I couldn't possibly commment

So - it's a hand propper, your nav and comms work on a battery whether on board or integral, it prefers grass and, obviously, it is deserving of hangarage.

An aircraft for cheaply experiencing the joy of flight from strips without big bills or guilt/coronaries when refueling. If you know Jodels you know the websites, parts suppliers and the legion of PFA inspectors well versed in them. Highly recommended. As to the 160 horsepower jobby I'm sure it would give me a nosebleed - totally unnatural if you ask me I'm still feeling guilty at having electric start on the D120! Jeez I'm getting soft.

Rob