PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - chopper lands at Stansted
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2018, 18:01
STN406

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Radgirl
I have to smile gentlemen

This was a collapse not trauma. Dispatching an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle is the norm. What does a firefighter do when it is one patient who has collapsed? Why close roads / why send an aircraft? How does it improve outcome or compassion? If this is the response to every collapse, even if a bystander has the knowledge to diagnose a cardiac arrest, no wonder the NHS is in trouble. It has no benefit

However, if you read my post you will see that I was implying the journalism was OTT or the police were treating the public as rather gullible.

And my internet connection is from just up the road where I work with ambulance services......
So you was at the coach station and saw the incident and you are a qualified first aider to be able to tell the difference between someone who has collapsed and that of a person in cardiac arrest????

The based Airport Fire Service ‘AFS’ are infact all first aid trained. Same as all fire fighters across the country. They are always deployed along the based ambulance in all life threatening incidents. They offer the extra man power that is always needed in these types of incidents.

Roads where closed by the police and the airports operations team, whilst the Air Ambulance landed and took off from the scene. This is the norm at most times an Air Ambulance lands or takes off.
The flight operations would have only been affected slightly as the aircraft left the scene as it crossed the runway.

Too add aswell myself and my team who work for MAG in an operational role also rushed to the scene to support the paramedics and offer assistance as we are like the AFS first aid trained.

I dont care if your post was made to rant, or what but, if I was in serious medical incident I would hope I got the same response that was seen yesterday at Stansted.