PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best and Worst Airline in China
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2018, 12:13
Lostmywaycanuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said !

Originally Posted by TPE Flyer
China Airlines by far. For all the horror stories you hear about China, at least you are paid well.
What used to be a great job, has fast turned into one of the worst around.
Conditions eroded, min rest turn arounds nearly everywhere, staff travel expensive (full fare cheaper on some routes).
Failure rate amongst Ex Pats over 50% on some fleets.
Oh and non ICAO state, so your licence is not recognised anywhere else in the world.
Yeah right now all of China in turmoil stay away I can’t say this enough . 50% failure rate who are you kidding I’ve seem more like 75 % on this last caac imposed sim check !

For those not in the know the caac has imposed a extra sim on all foreign pilots ! Short notice and if you call in sick or go home on your normal roster kiss your caac lic away ! It’s a stark reminder to all foreign pilots your not working in a country that gives much credance to human rights !

I keep reading guys from here , saying where I am it’s not that bad blah blah blah .In the same breath when you go out with them they say oh well that guy yeah he had issues ! Yeah he failed a sim his fault 3 years later when it’s their turn to fail a sim piss of one chinese guy it’s a different story ! Well I’ve been here 7 years somehow survived. Keep my head low fly home mostly once a month ! Once or twice a year stay a few extra week ! It’s money and the worst job in aviation

As far as the best or worst job yeah tianjin racks up there as worst I’d stay away from Hna group the caac hates them right now ! Google all the bent airplane in China you will know why ! Shanghai Beijing both expensive! The smaller companies air Guilin ect pay a good bonus ! But like the west management changes and so do working conditions!
Cheers fellow aviators