PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2018, 07:11
Daddy Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Buter

Well, that’s easy enough. You re wrong. In fact, you’re wrong on a grand scale.

Nobody in BALPA is scared of BA; far from it, son.

Protecting Long Haul Barons? A well worn argument. We’ve got one of our most respected CC reps leaving his long haul throne to take a Short Haul command. The chairman is a flat earther. The Gatwick reps (shorthaul by definition) are beyond reproach. There’s a shorthaul captain doing awesome work for the training team and the pay team. I suppose you know better than me, though?

You don’t want to give BALPA a penny? That’s your call, dude. Feel free to ride your brothers’ coat tails. Can I assume you’ll be happy to accept the pay rise we’re currently negotiating? Does that make you a hypocrite? You decide.

Bash the company or the union with facts and you won’t hear a word from me. Go public with ill informed opinions and I’ll counter.

All - if you're hoping to join BA, please canvass opinion from all sources. It ain’t great, anymore, but it ain’t complete ****e, either. It’s definitely not for everyone, but it’s a step up from most places. It’s all your call.

Cheers, y’all.

Buter

Hey Buter, what is it in your opinion that has made it not so great anymore?

I dont know if this is true but was told by an ex BA pilot on 777 that BA short haul is now probably the toughest gig in the UK, would you agree with that statement?

Is the pay rise happening anytime soon and will it be better than Easy, Ryanair etc?