PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2018, 01:53
SSS0388

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stevendefool

Thanks for the tips, would be grateful if you could share with me your preparatory compilation as well.

And what would you think is the best way to prepare for the aptitude test? Did you purchase any software like SkyTest to practice on?

Thanks!
Glad to. E-mail ID please?

I did not purchase any online tests, most of my preparation utilised free online tests, recommendation from fellow interviewees and reading on the experience of others (exactly the way you are doing it) to be mentally prepared for the tests. As I have mentioned before, the tests do not require any prior experience or specific knowledge - it is an aptitude test to determine 'appropriate attitude', therefore it is in my opinion a test which requires a certain discipline, composure and understanding of detailed instruction. Anyone can do it well, however with a certain practice regime, you could do it better, and that is our objective correct! Self-benchmarking not competition.

Having said that, I practised numerous tests on every available website (free!) to familiarise my mental state with the expected theme of the tests. It is imperative to understand that we are not practicing to memorise answers, rather to familiarise the mind when a similar test may crop up during the actual assessment, hence reducing reaction time, increasing memory capacity etc.

Cheers and all the best, take it one step at a time!