PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2018, 23:08
Buter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RexBanner
Because Balpa in BA are A) Sh1t scared of the company and B) only interested in protecting the senior Long Haul boys and their terms and conditions and the rest of us can go hang (especially Short Haul as the general assumption is that nobody in BA really wants to be a Short Haul Pilot and everyone wants to be on a Long Haul fleet long term anyway so it’s an easy give away for concessions to the company). These are the reasons I won’t give Balpa a penny, go on tell me I’m wrong.
Well, that’s easy enough. You re wrong. In fact, you’re wrong on a grand scale.

Nobody in BALPA is scared of BA; far from it, son.

Protecting Long Haul Barons? A well worn argument. We’ve got one of our most respected CC reps leaving his long haul throne to take a Short Haul command. The chairman is a flat earther. The Gatwick reps (shorthaul by definition) are beyond reproach. There’s a shorthaul captain doing awesome work for the training team and the pay team. I suppose you know better than me, though?

You don’t want to give BALPA a penny? That’s your call, dude. Feel free to ride your brothers’ coat tails. Can I assume you’ll be happy to accept the pay rise we’re currently negotiating? Does that make you a hypocrite? You decide.

Bash the company or the union with facts and you won’t hear a word from me. Go public with ill informed opinions and I’ll counter.

All - if you're hoping to join BA, please canvass opinion from all sources. It ain’t great, anymore, but it ain’t complete ****e, either. It’s definitely not for everyone, but it’s a step up from most places. It’s all your call.

Cheers, y’all.

Buter