PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flat T wave
Thread: Flat T wave
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2003, 23:21
Groundbased

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny coincidence.

I have noticed an irregular heartbeat, or arrythmia, over the last month or so. Saw the quack and they plugged me in for an ECG. Yesterday I went for the results and he said that whilst there was some electrical abnormality this is normal in many cases.

He's referred me to a cardiologist to see if it's worth having a 24 hour ECG to really isolate what the problem (if any) is.

He also said that if it was a single arrythmia, i.e one beat a few times a day they don't even treat it.

I am 36, non smoker. I gave up caffeine about two weeks ago to see if that makes a difference.

With regard to flying, the flight safety foundation produced a paper on arrythmia in pilots which covers the rgulatory aspects, here's a link.

http://www.flightsafety.org/pubs/hfam_2003.html

You have to register for publications but they are free. It's in the human factors, most recent publication, but if you can't find it pm me and I'll send you a pdf.

I've always taken my health for granted and it's a bit of a downer when you find out something may be wrong. However from what I can find out this is quite a common condition.

All the best,

GB