PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Check list mnemonics/lists
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2003, 22:57
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thoughts?
No idea on most of the options you've given - but you should certainly, IMHO, have the option of adding to the POH checklist.

A few months ago I took another pilot flying. On the pre-flight, he noticed something unusual in the undercarriage arm that I'd missed. Turned out to be a stray chock that had got caught there when the aircraft was taken out of the hangar - invisible from almost every angle unless you get down on the floor, I still can't understand how he spotted it but I'm pleased he did. New item added to my check-list: "Check behind undercarriage arm for foreign objects."

I hate flying aircraft where I have to share a check-list with other pilots. Where I have my own check-list, I can write on it and add to it. I've lost count of the number of times I've got to the holding point, or even taken off, before remembering to switch off my mobile phone. But it never happens in aircraft where I have my own copy of the checklist, because I always write "Mobile phone off" somewhere near the top of the pre-start checks.

I believe that check-lists should be constantly evolving things.

FFF
-------------