PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing's going nut ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2003, 20:18
747FOCAL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wizofoz,

I hate to be the one to tell you, but the 7E7 still has a huge chance that it will become a phantom and never see the light of day. I have my issues with the A380 as well and do not think it will be a profitable aircraft for 15-20 years, the 747-400 Special Freighter will see to that(you could get 4 of those for the price of 1 A380).

Now to the "innovations" on the 7E7....... All composite airframe, uggh, just ask the Starship people how smart that is. Even now the FAA has real issues convincing themselves their and Boeing's long range failure prediction techniques is sound. We could easily end up producing an airplane that is a throw away 10 years from now. Worse yet, we build the equivelent of square windows and have a few hull failures in flight and bye bye company in these days of litigation.

Bleedless engines.......are nothing new. GE been doing that for years.

A380 will set records in many ways. It will be a great package freighter. It will suck as an outsized freight hauler because you will cube out before you cum out. I have said this before, but I believe the A380 will also, if it passes PAX evac, set a record for the most people killed after the crash and may be the first aircraft that kills several people during one incident where they deploy the slides for a minor reason and the people on the upper deck pile on top of each other at 30 miles per hour.