PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Atlanta Treatment of Aircrew
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2002, 15:34
Muchheavierthanair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Air Atlanta Treatment of Aircrew

Has anyone else had experience of Air Atlanta's unusual personnel management methods ? A friend was hired (through an agent) in November for the Hadj, and told he'd start flying in December, after a refresher course. This changed, after the course (at short notice) to starting in mid-January, due to their training organisational problems In mid-January this was changed, just before he was due to go, to mid-February. In mid-February this was changed to: "you (and a bunch of others in the same situation) are now not going, sorry". . .. .All of this time he was effectively on stand-by to go there, and was told at one stage that he could go at a day's notice. His total pay for the four months ? $700 ($50 a day for a nominal two weeks "notice period"). (And $50 a day, rather than the contracted $175 a day, because he hadn't done the line training...which would have been done on the job during the Hadj...). .. .The whole time he was told by both AA and the agents (Direct Personnel in Dublin) that he'd be going...(and was told by the agents before the course that there would be a guaranteed three months pay during the Hadj).. .. .I understand that AA makes very good profits and is growing fast. Now I think I understand how it does it.. .. .Anyone had similar experiences ?