PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 13th Oct 2018, 12:40
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't let the misrepresentation of "solo" be a smokescreen here, and play into Tracey's hands. The LAA award is not about solo, it's about a feat of navigation. Yes, Tracey lied about being solo, but in this situation, that's a sideline issue. Was her accomplishment a "feat of navigation" worthy of award?

Do the LAA want someone who has behaved in this manner, and threatened them with lawyers to get her way, to be seen as someone worthy of their award and endorsement?
This. For my understanding, association awards are usually offered to members in good standing. Is a person in good standing with their association (the people) if they are threatening lawsuits at the same time? Not in my opinion! I think that the membership should not be having to consider her for reinstatement of an award, they should be voting if she even meets the expectations of being a member in good standing!

It is painfully obvious that Tracey is trying to have the award restored to bolster her public image (she sure is not getting anywhere with improving her image with her peers!). I wonder why the effort, Tracey is obviously able to spin the story her way frequently, she should just give up this embarrassing effort of assault upon the LAA, and go around saying that she was awarded the LAA "feat of navigation award" - because she was! She can just forget to state it was later withdrawn, as she forgets to later state so many other facts which come to light!