PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2018, 01:07
s909049

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by secres77
So I had my interview today (failed preliminary) and interestingly enough, they conducted all the interviews + aptitude test in one day. So everyone who went through the preliminary interview was told whether we passed or failed on the day itself. Those who passed went on to the panel interview and I'm guessing aptitude test thereafter.
Anyway, best of luck to all those who're going for the interviews. Be as prepared as you can be!
I did my homework but it just wasn't enough. I faltered on one of the questions which led to other connected questions.
They held all the interviews in one day? That is tough. Even doing the interviews on separate days was tough for me cos its really exhausting. I can't imagine doing 3 stages in 1 day.

Originally Posted by Emir32
Does having a PPL gives you an advantage in being selected? What are actually the guidelines that SIA uses in selecting candidates? I am from Malaysia and asking whether I still have time or not to apply? Does having a 3.92 CGPA in Diploma Aircraft Maintenance actually help?
Yes and no. It depends on how you use it to your advantage during the interview session. Most of the candidates selected have no flying experience other than some having done trial or joy rides. I think as long as the career page states that they're hiring then you will still have time to apply. If you look at their future orders, that's quite a lot of planes they're expecting and with every airline, they need pilots to fly the planes. Your diploma does not make a difference in being a pilot, people who apply for the job come from all walks of life. Your chances are almost as equal as someone who graduated with a Diploma in Business or even Law.