PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express plane hits Trichy airport compound wall
Old 12th Oct 2018, 20:16
Mad (Flt) Scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rider320
From what I heard At lift off the captain's seat got seat moved back from its position resulting in yoke going up and in reflex captain pushed the yoke which pushed the aircraft's nose down, resulting in these unfortunate incident.
I'm not sure how that would be consistent with the crew "not noticing anything wrong". (Not saying that this isn't true, just it's inconsistent with the reported crew "relaxed position" about nothing being amiss.

Originally Posted by DavereidUK
Reports suggest that it was the belly of the aircraft that hit the localizer antenna, but the question asked was what had impacted the wall, which was the rear fuselage.
So the scenario is the aircraft somehow gets upset at rotation (seat movement, whatever) and ends up being far too low and rips out the belly on the antennas, then the crew yanks back and presents the belly to the wall/fence? Except there's photos purporting to show elements of the fence (atop the wall) embedded onto the gear struts. So the gear hit something roundabout then too... I think "they were damned lucky" is about all we can really conclude!