PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2018, 06:35
Lemonair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevor Hannant
There isn't really anything you can do for FEAST and DART - don't be tempted to pay for phone apps etc. The best advice I can give is read the instructions carefully and don't start the tests themselves until you're happy that you understand the instructions.
Yeah I second this - all I did to prep for Stage 2 was play some of the games on their website and completed sudoku on the train to work to keep my logical reasoning sharp. And then on the day I just did prep specific to me, so I know I need to sleep and eat properly to be at my best, I took a lucozade in case I could feel myself getting tired by the tests etc. Honestly I think the apps/programs aren’t worth it.

As for Stage 3, on the day you’re specifically told not to share any info on social media otherwise you’ll be in trouble. So all I can really do is share the prep I did.

I had two real interviews for other roles in my current field, one of which I had no intention of taking at all regardless of the outcome, in order to get me back into the swing of things as I knew my interview skills would be rusty. I also asked my poor boyfriend to interview me a couple of times too!

I visited my local airport with FISOs rather than ATCOs (so not a NATS airport), the set up is paired back but still useful. I learnt the material we needed to learn by creating flash cards as I know they work for me.

My approach has always been, if you think you’re prepared enough, keep preparing. It works for me and gives me confidence but honestly everyone is different so it’s about doing what will keep you at your best.

Last edited by Lemonair; 12th Oct 2018 at 07:00.