PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Near miss with 5 airliners waiting for T/O on taxiway "C" in SFO!
Old 12th Oct 2018, 02:04
73qanda

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Both crewmembers recalled reviewing ATIS information Quebec but could not recall reviewing the specific NOTAM that described the runway closure.
sometimes when there is a lot of information on an ATIS I have found myself guilty of not reading every sentence on the ATIS. I think I subconsciously assume that it will be ‘business as usual’ and because my brain is inherently lazy, elect not to read anything I don’t have to. I recognised this in myself a few years ago when my F/O mentioned something about LAHSO and I was unaware that LAHSO was in force. I now try very hard to be disciplined about reading every line but can understand how this occurs in a busy flight deck.
Multiple events in the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s aviation safety reporting system database showed that this issue has affected other pilots, indicating that all pilots could benefit from the improved display of flight operations information.
The way Notams are presented, and the time allocated to reviewing notams increases the likelyhood of important information becoming lost in the volumes of unimportant information. This is a safety issue globally.