PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2018, 16:17
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clareprop
Mr Bremner, as others have said, it is indeed good of you to join in the discussion. I think many here would accept that you may not have been aware of the full background of the grievance pilots have with this story. Your views on the following would go a long way to clarifying this:

https://youtu.be/VZD6IsGmGgw
I post again the infamous slide which says “7,000 miles in 32 legs over 6 weeks, alone in an open cock-pit plane” because it had some prominence in the interview. TCT described it as “ambiguous” and in fact refers to the flight of Lady Mary Heath. I have been having this discussion in private but now deserves a wider audience after the interview. Lady Mary planned to take 3 weeks but actually took 4 months if you measure from the ceremonial departure or 3 months if you measure from the actual departure. Anyone dreaming of emulating Lady Mary Heath would know this. Are we then to suppose that this is some sort of hybrid statement mixing elements of Lady Mary’s flight withTCT’s flight. That wouldn’t make any sense because Lady Mary is not mentioned at all.
I posted earlier about peeling away layers. This was a perfect opportunity for TCT to give a completely honest representation of her adventures but instead she admits some untruths that she can’t get away with whilst maintaining some that she thinks that she can. I am not a troll, I am someone who believes that the public should be able to rely on what they read and hear in the media and I am prepared to justify my statements if anyone wants to PM me.

Last edited by runway30; 11th Oct 2018 at 16:19. Reason: Rare spelling mistake!