PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 11th Oct 2018, 16:16
Chris Martyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Cross
The ONE simple question that I suggest should be addressed is “Was it right to allow the decision of the awards committee to be overturned in this way?”
.........................and it does have ONE simple answer too Mike . You may not have followed the original LAA HangarChat debate on this , had you done so then you would have noted that the honourable chaps of the awards committee did indeed contribute . They made the valid point that her flights were not quite as meritorious as originally thought , but considered them worth an award anyway .Also , there were no other nominees.
When challenged by several others who didn't agree , the members were urged to take up the matter via the democratic process as a motion at the AGM if they were in disagreement . I don't need to bother 'cut n pasting' , it's all there in TC-T Episode 1 2016 !

As the subsequent enquiry into the Chairman's conduct has shown , everything was perfectly as per laid down LAA procedure .

Your comments regarding the small turnout of voters is a bit mystifying as well . Most AGM matters only generally bring out a small percentage of the membership anyway. The 2016 TC-T vote was a relatively large turnout . I have made it quite clear , both in 2016 and for the re-match that it is very important that as many of the membership as possible turn out , in order to make it representative of who thinks what .

One aspect of TC-T Episode 2, 2018 that is becoming a bit tedious , is having to explain things that were hammered to death the first time around .

There are some very ugly and distasteful things which have allowed all this to re-emerge again . I believe that TC-T has been handled very well considering !

I'm not very interested in her little spat with Sam either . She clearly has very little of substance to offer though , or this would have been settled years ago . All I want is that she takes her talons out of the LAA !